Jump to content


  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited

rob_v's Achievements


Newbie (1/14)



  1. Yup - exactly what I was looking for - It was the referencing it via vars that was jacking me up. Exactly what I needed. Thanks -Rob
  2. I knew I would eventually get it...Here it is just incase anyone else was wondering the same thing. In the onInit event (At this point the XML is loaded) I just did a loop thru event.target.getChildren() to get each loader name. (check the vars object to see if the load flag is on or off). I can then load the unloaded ones later if needed.
  3. MacGuffin, In the case of malformed XML the onFail event will fire. event.text will show you the error that was thrown. Hope that helps. -Rob
  4. Sorry for the barrage of questions lately! I have one more that I'm hoping someone can answer. Im using XMLLoader to read in an XML file that has 10 SWFLoaders. On the childComplete I store the name of the loader into an array, and go ahead an play them later as needed. I have run into a situation where I may not want to load off the swfs upfront. Easy enough - i set the load flag to load="false" - however b/c they now dont load - the childComplete event never fires for those loaders. Is there an easy way I can get the loader names that have not loaded ? I was hoping for some event like onChildOpen but all the child events only seem to hit when that load flag is set to true. Thanks for any help you can offer. -Rob
  5. I swear I saw how to do this a while ago - but I have searched the forums to no avail, maybe someone can offer some help. Im using loadermax to read an XML file of SWFLoaders. If I use the setting of maxconnections of 1 things load sequentially and all is good. I store the loader names in an array (using array.push(event.target.name) in the child complete function and play them as needed later on However If I set it to max connections of 3 - some complete loading before others, and the array ends up out of order. An easy way around this is to just add an index to each loader. Right now one of the XML nodes look like this : What I would like to do is this : Then be able to read that index variable in the child complete function. (The work around Im using right now is to just parse the name at the _ and use the number as the index - but Id like to remove that constraint.) Thanks Rob