GreenSock

Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dorkbot

recursivePrependURLs is not working for me

Hi,

I can't get recursivePrependURLs to work for me. I have additional XMLLoaders in an xml file I'm loading. The main xml file is getting loaded but none of its children are, their URLs are not being updated.

var relativePath:String = "/";

LoaderMax.activate([xmlLoader]);

var queue:LoaderMax = new LoaderMax({name:"mainQueue", onComplete:loadFilesComplete});

var xmlLoader:XMLLoader = new XMLLoader("assets/xml/config.xml", newXMLLoaderVars().name("configXML").recursivePrependURLs(relativePath));

queue.append( xmlLoader );

queue.prependURLs(relativePath);

queue.load();

and here is my xml:

<config>

<settings stageWidth="800" stageHeight="600" />

<XMLLoader name="tips and hints XML" url="assets/xml/tips_and_hints.xml" load="true" estimatedBytes="10" />

<XMLLoader name="items" url="assets/xml/items.xml" load="true" estimatedBytes="10" />

<XMLLoader name="careers" url="assets/xml/careers.xml" load="true" estimatedBytes="10" />

<XMLLoader name="origin comic" url="assets/xml/origin-comic.xml" load="true" estimatedBytes="10" />

</config>

Am I doing something wrong?

Cheers

I made a very simple test trying to replicate your setup as close as possible and had no errors. I've attached my fla and 2 xml files.

config.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<config>
<settings stageWidth="800" stageHeight="600" />
<XMLLoader name="tips and hints XML" url="xml/tips_and_hints.xml" load="true" estimatedBytes="10" />
</config>

tips_and_hints.xml
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<config>
<person name="carl"></person>
</config>

both files live in dummy/xml

I am using recursivePrependURLs to add "dummy/" to the url of the XMLoader that loads config.xml AND the XMLLoader node in config.xml that is used to load tips_and_hints.xml

The following AS code executes with no errors:

import com.greensock.loading.*;
import com.greensock.events.LoaderEvent;
import com.greensock.loading.data.XMLLoaderVars;
import flash.display.Loader;

LoaderMax.activate([XMLLoader]);

var relativePath:String = "dummy/";

var queue:LoaderMax = new LoaderMax({name:"mainQueue", onComplete:loadFilesComplete});
var xmlLoader:XMLLoader = new XMLLoader("xml/config.xml", new XMLLoaderVars().name("configXML").recursivePrependURLs(relativePath).onChildComplete(xmlComplete).onComplete(xmlComplete));
queue.append( xmlLoader );
queue.prependURLs(relativePath);
queue.load();

function xmlComplete(e:LoaderEvent):void {
trace(e.target.content);
}

function loadFilesComplete(e:LoaderEvent): void {
trace("loadFilesComplete()");
}

I get traces of the contents of both xml files.

If you still have trouble please provide a similar simple set of files that exhibits the problem you are having.

recursiveUrls_CS5.zip

Hi, 

I'll try to build a test when I have time. But here is more detail. I was able to fix my issue by using ActionScript 3's loader class. 

I have a swf that loads another swf that loads another swf.

Swf A loads swf B, swf B loads swf C.

Swf B also loads xml.

Swf B works fine when played alone. 

In swf B I'm getting its relative URL so its assets will load. I'm using this code to get the relative path so swf B will function inside swf A or when played standalone:

var obsolutePath:String; 

var relativePath:String; 

obsolutePath = loaderInfo.url; 

var stringStart:Number = 0; 

var stringEnd:Number = obsolutePath.lastIndexOf("/")+1; 

relativePath = obsolutePath.slice(stringStart, stringEnd); 

When swf B loads into swf A I get a LoaderMax error stating that swf A couldn't load swf B, and the url the message displays has is showing the url being set by swf B, it's very odd. So swf B sets its relative url, and swf A sets its relative url, and swf B is overriding swf A's relative url.

I fixed it buy using this in swf A for loading swf B:

var appDomain:ApplicationDomain = new ApplicationDomain(); 

var context:LoaderContext = new LoaderContext(false, appDomain);

var loader:Loader = new Loader(); 

var req:URLRequest = new URLRequest(DataVO( facade.retrieveProxy( DataProxy.NAME ).getData() ).relativePath + "career-home-swf/b.swf"); 

loader.contentLoaderInfo.addEventListener(Event.COMPLETE, loaderCompleteHandler); 

loader.load(req, context);

swf B and swf A are two different projects in Flash Builder, but they have many of the same frameworks. They don't share literally the same files, they have copies of the same frameworks. swf C only has art assets, no added classes or code.

Is my issue related to this: http://help.adobe.com/en_US/ActionScript/3.0_ProgrammingAS3/WS5b3ccc516d4fbf351e63e3d118a9b90204-7e07.html

Thanks for any help or explanation.

Cheers.

PS

After using ApplicationDomain with Adobe's Loader class, the method recursivePrependURLs is now working for me for XMLLoaders.

Cheers