GreenSock

Marco

sharing autoAdjustBuffer over several loaders

Hi

I love the autoAdjustBuffer-option. But now I have a problem with it, if I have more than one VideoLoader on stage. I want to "share" the buffertime, if one of those VideoLoaders update his bufferTime. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks!

Marco

No, one VideoLoader can't automatically adjust another VideoLoader's bufferTime. Sorry. You can certainly implement logic manually to keep checking the bufferTime and make adjustments as you see fit, though. I'm not quite sure why you'd want to do that though. The whole point of the autoAdjustBuffer thing is that it'll make adjustments as necessary so that you don't need to fret about it.

Thanks for your answer.

Let's say, there a two VideoLoaders on Stage. The first starts with bufferTime of 1 second. The client has a low bandwidth, so it pauses the video for rebuffering and sets the buffertime automatically to 3 seconds - because of your feature "autoAdjustBuffer".

Now, the second VideoLoader starts. And it has a bufferTime of 1 second too (because it's my default buffering value). So it runs again into a rebuffering. To avoid this, I would like to update the bufferTime, if one of those VideoLoader has to correct it's bufferingTime.

I'll do this manually - as you told me. Thanks!

Marco