GreenSock

Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
deniss

About TweenMax, Listeneres and AS2 [SOLVED]

Hello ppl,

First of all please excuse my bad English and sorry if I am asking stupid question, which answer is published on this forum or online help/examples. I have tried to find the answer, also tried a lot of variants but unfortunately without any success :(

So, I am not so good with coding (still working with AS2, AS3 looks like Mission Impossible 4 to me :) ) ...

My question is can I use TweenMax with listeners in AS2 - for example something like that

myTween=TweenMax.to(ball, 10, {_x:700, onUpdateListener:myFun});

In help I saw that - onUpdateListener is described as Function, and it is similar as: "myTween.addEventListener(TweenEvent.UPDATE, myFunction);" correct me if I am wrong but the last one is for AS3 correct!?

I have tried a lot of variants to change in AS2 but nothing:

var list = {};
list.UPDATE = function(){
   trace('hop');
}
var tw = TweenMax.to(ball, 10, {_x:700});
tw.addListener(list);

//_________________________________________

var list = {};
list.onUpdate = function(){
   trace('hop');
}
tw.addListener(list);

var list = {};
list.Update = function(){
   trace('hop');
}
tw.addListener(list);

var list = {};
list.Update = function(){
   trace('hop');
}
var tw = TweenMax.to(ball, 10, {_x:700, onUpdateListener: list});

All these examples above + many others do not work. I know, I can use onUpdate instead of onUpdateListener - but will be better if I can use listener

Thanks in advance and once again sorry if I am an idiot :)

Event Listeners are AS3-only. Why would you want to use them in AS2? I'm just curious. You should be using an onUpdate in AS2.

Hello greensock,

Thank you for your quick reply. So, I want to use onUpdate and listener because during the tween I will execute some procedures after consecutive tween step, but not after each step and not every time. My idea was when I need to execute something onUpdate to use addListener and when I do not need to removeListener. I hope you will understand me even with my horrible english. Of course I can make it with onUpdate and function instead of listener. In this case I can use some sort of boolean flag or to clear my function something like myFunction=null or something else ... Just I was thinking that using listeners is more clever and elegant :)