GreenSock

Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jjdelv

full screen bar across page

I was wondering how one would go about creating the bar that dow HU have across the bottom of their screen... How do you make it full screen? and how is their video full screen. Are they using LiquidStage? Any pointers would be much appreciated...

http://www.dow.com/hu/

In order to get the bottom bar to anchor at the bottom of the stage and span the width of the stage, you need to add a listener to the stage.

stage.addEventListener(Event.RESIZE, resizeStage);

private function resizeStage(e:Event):void 
{
    bar.width = stage.StageWidth;
    bar.y =  Math.ceil(stage.StageHeight - bar.height);
}

I won't go into detail on the video. Essentially it is a video that is being scaled based on browser resizing. You will apply any code to resizing the video in the resizeStage function.

I was wondering how one would go about creating the bar that dow HU have across the bottom of their screen... How do you make it full screen? and how is their video full screen. Are they using LiquidStage? Any pointers would be much appreciated...

http://www.dow.com/hu/

Yep, it uses LiquidStage. The bottom bar was just pinned to the LiquidStage.BOTTOM_CENTER point and I made the bar very wide. I could have had it resize the width but I didn't want the texture/fill to scale. And the video was just put inside a LiquidWrapper (which ensures that all of its children resize proportionally) and the LiquidWrapper was pinned to the top left and then stretched to the LiquidStage.BOTTOM_RIGHT pin point. Once I had LiquidStage and LiquidWrapper built, it was pretty simple to get that behavior actually.