GreenSock

Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
matt.schuh

Draggable - Multi-touch support

I was looking to see if there's a way to support a multi-finger drag when I came across a year old forum post (http://greensock.com/forums/topic/11897-multi-finger-swipe-on-draggable/).  Instead of bringing it back I thought it better to post a new one.

Essentially, I need the ability for any number of fingers to be detected the same by draggable.  I am using draggable in a touchscreen kiosk to scroll a div within a bounding container.  There isn't any pinch zoom or other multi touch gestures that it would interfere with.  Users don't understand that the kiosks only work with a one finger drag at the moment, so the client wants to add multi-touch compatibility to dragging.  I know of hammer however everything is already written using draggable (I'm already using Hammer for swiping on different elements in a different manner), and I really like the smoothness of draggable.  In order to use hammer I'd have to rewrite draggable's throwprops which I'd rather not have to do.

Is there a way to allow multi finger touch or has that not been added?

Thanks!

• 2 years later...

Hey... I need to make an app that need to be used by 6 simultaneous people so thats 12 hands at the same time. In testing draggable it seems to limit the number of simultaneous dragging to 5... can this be changed... is this a bug? I did assume it was because of the number of fingers on one hand.

Hm, I'm pretty sure there's nothing in Draggable that limits you to 5; that sounds like more of a browser thing. Are you saying you're trying to allow more than 5 simultaneous touches/drags on a single screen??