GreenSock

Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NashEquilibro

ScrambleText Plugin div width

I am having the problem, that during the scramble the letters do not linebreak in the div with width: 100dw.

The site is going to be accessed by mobile devices.

http://regieprojekte.de/romeoundjulia2066/

Is there a way to force text during the scramble into the same layout as the final product?

See the Pen reMwdg by NashEquilibro (@NashEquilibro) on CodePen

Thanks for the quick answer you guys are awesome.

I added the codepen. It works better with that whitespace, but still flickers out of the div.

Perfect would be if i could preserve the same space to prevent all the jumping.

hmm , there's a tricky way to avoid that : 

See the Pen xVELWr by MAW (@MAW) on CodePen

• Like 3

I don't know if this is truly possible without using a mono-spaced font. However, you can get close by making some assumptions.

Option 1 - Not enough space

Find the height of the container before starting the animation. 

See the Pen b98916f59f3b1b699f73c8dd5a38ac0b?editors=0010 by osublake (@osublake) on CodePen

Option 2 - Too much space

Pre-fill the conainer with chars and then find the height. Generally "M" is the widest character, so you could try that.

See the Pen 9c3d6ce461908007673dceb1c9ae2bb5?editors=0010 by osublake (@osublake) on CodePen

That still leaves a lot of empty space. Since you're only using 1 and 0, try filling it with 0 since that's the widest character.

See the Pen a8348f51265e39b96b655d2f9681d0d9?editors=0010 by osublake (@osublake) on CodePen

Oh great, now it looks like the Option1!!!

Maybe somebody else can come up with a better solution because like I said, you can get close. 

• Like 3

• 5 months later...

I'm dealing with the same thing.  I was hoping there was an option to keep the number of characters the same from start to end, keeping words and spaces in tact for wrapping.

If your goal is to keep the line breaks the same, have you thought about using SplitText to split the lines apart (thus each line gets contained in its own <div>) and then doing your animation? 

• Like 1