GreenSock

Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pakl

SplitText: <br> tags and spaces

I'm working on applying styling to certain words after using SplitText. To do this I'm relying on the word index but I see some inconsistencies when a linebreak is considered a word and when it isn't.

The following pen illustrates:

As you can see when a linebreak is followed or preceded by a space it will end up as a separate line and word after SplitText but if two or more linebreaks are not separated by anything else, they are combined into one line/word.

I think it's fair to consider this a bug. A linebreak should always end up as its own line with its own word, or am I missing something?

See the Pen goGuA by patrickklug (@patrickklug) on CodePen

Great catch! Sorry about that. I just uploaded a new version in the bonus zip - please try that (version 0.3.1) and let me know if it resolves things for you. 

• Like 2

Hi pakl  :)

if two or more linebreaks are not separated by anything else, they are combined into one line/word."

i can't see the issue that you mentioned , the <br> tags split correctly :

See the Pen qwfLK by MAW (@MAW) on CodePen

edit : ooops ... so i`m playing with new js :) , thanks JACK 

@Jack what is the best way to link to the latest version in a codepen?

I tried the new version locally and it seems that there is a breaking bug.

Using splittext on 'This is a test<br><br>Normal italic bold underline' returns a `.words` array with only 3 elements.

Sorry about that - I uploaded the wrong file. Let me get back to you later today with the new/correct one. Please stand by...

Please snag 0.3.2 now and give that a shot - it should fix all the <br> issues and the faulty words array that was introduced in that [wrong] file yesterday. Again, I apologize for the mix-up. Please let me know if things work well for you now. Oh, and if you want to use it on codepen, this URL should work: https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/s.cdpn.io/16327/SplitText.min.js

• Like 3

Thanks Jack, I'll give it a whirl.